The Mountains Connect website forms part of the Adaptation at Altitude (A@A) collaborative programme funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) that aims to boost the resilience and adaptation of mountain communities in the face of climate change (download the programme brochure).
Promoting interregional exchange of knowledge and experiences for collective action in mountain regions is at the core of Mountains Connect. Learning about the various approaches for collaboration and joint decision making shall inspire and support regional mountain governance around the world.
A@A is a partnership of:
- Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation, SDC (-> link)
- Mountain Research Initiative, MRI (-> link)
- Consorcio para el Desarollo Sostenible de la Ecoregión Andina, CONDESAN (-> link)
- International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development, ICIMOD (-> link)
- United Nations Environment Programme, UNEP (-> link)
- Stockholm Environment Institute, SEI (-> link)
- University of Geneva, UNIGE (-> link)
- Zoï Environment Network, Zoï (-> link)
The designations employed and the presentation of the material on this website do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the Secretariat of the United Nations concerning the legal status of any country, territory or city or area or its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries. Mention of a commercial company or product on this website does not imply endorsement by the United Nations Environment Programme or the people involved. The use of information from this website for publicity or commercial advertising is not permitted. Trademark names and symbols are used in an editorial fashion with no intention on infringement of trademark or copyright laws.
The views expressed on this website are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the United Nations Environment Programme. We regret any errors or omissions that may have been unwittingly made.
© Images as specified